Dental Fillings in Boynton Beach, FL 33426
A cavity can cause your tooth to feel extra sensitive and may cause discomfort while chewing. Early detection and treatment using a dental filling, returns your tooth to comfort, function, and beauty. Dental fillings may also prevent infections and the need for more complex treatment, such as root canal therapy.
What Is A Dental Filling?
A filling is a restorative material that brings your tooth back to good health and full structure after a cavity forms. Once the interior of the cavity is clean and smooth, your dentist will fill the hole with sturdy, artificial material, referred to as a “filling.” Fillings can be an amalgam, also known as “metal fillings” as well as tooth-colored fillings, also commonly known as “white fillings” or “composite fillings”.
What Are the Benefits of a Dental Filling?
A filling stops tooth decay in its tracks. The advantage of a filling is to prevent bacteria that have invaded your tooth from spreading. During the filling procedure bacteria is cleaned away putting a stop to the tooth decay and preventing potential discomfort. Other advantages of a dental filling include:
- Treating the cavity will end the sensitivity associated with your cavity.
- A filling protects your tooth from breakage, in the case of a large cavity.
- Tooth-colored, metal-free fillings, composed of synthetic resin, are safe for pregnant women and people sensitive to metal.
- Tooth-colored fillings blend in with the rest of your smile, so no one can tell you have a filling.
- Your tooth-colored dental filling bonds to your tooth, for long-term durability.
Do You Make a Good Candidate for a Dental Filling?
The best way to avoid problematic oral conditions upon being diagnosed with tooth decay and to reduce the potential for discomfort, is to have a dental filling. Whether you have a small cavity or a more advanced cavity, you will likely make an excellent candidate for a tooth-colored filling. Treating cavities allows you to extend the health and life of your natural teeth, for a beautiful, healthy smile.