Dental Crowns in Boynton Beach, FL 33426
When a tooth becomes damaged or suffers advanced decay, or perhaps your tooth is damaged aesthetically – a dental crown offers substantial coverage for the appearance of a new tooth when other cosmetic treatments aren’t enough.
What Is A Dental Crown?
A dental crown near you is a restorative solution to a damaged tooth. Sometimes, a patient breaks a tooth by biting down on something hard or from some other physical impact. In other instances, you may suffer from a large cavity or undergo root canal treatment, which results in fragile tooth structure. A crown is hollow pieces of ceramic, custom-designed to look like your natural tooth. The crowns fit over your existing natural teeth to protect them and replace the esthetics and structure needed for daily function.
The Most Common Uses for a Dental Crown
- Covering a dental implant – when replacing an extracted tooth, a dental implant is installed, and a dental crown is placed on top to mimic a natural tooth.
- Replace large fillings – when a dental filling is too large, the overall health of the tooth can be negatively impacted and make it vulnerable to more damage, but a crown can instead be used to protect the tooth.
- Protect a tooth that is weak – If you have a tooth that is damaged and has lost the majority of its structure, a crown can be used to make it stronger as well as prevent future fractures.
- Fix poorly shaped or discolored teeth – If tooth whitening and other methods are not enough to fix a tooth, a crown can be used to transform the tooth.
- Cover a tooth after a root canal – The majority of the structure of a tooth is lost when a root canal is performed, but a crown allows the top of the tooth to function as normal.
- Attach a bridge – when a bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or teeth, crowns are used on the neighboring teeth to keep the bridge in place.
What Are the Benefits of a Modern Dental Crown?
A crown is a versatile restorative Prosthetic which can serve a variety of purposes. The benefits of a dental crown include:
- A crown protects the tooth to avoid tooth extraction.
- A crown is completed as the last phase of root canal therapy, to prevent tooth fracture and fully restore the tooth.
- You can achieve a natural-looking and beautiful tooth restoration.
- Crowns are permanent, long-lasting restorations, requiring the normal daily care of natural teeth.
Do You Make A Good Candidate for a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a dental appliance that is used for many applications. Their hard structure, natural appearance, and versatility make them an ideal way to fix many dental issues as well as cosmetically enhance a tooth. The ceramic used to make the crown allows it to match the shade of a tooth or even make it whiter, while also having the shine of a natural tooth.
If your tooth is healthy enough to remain in your mouth, but it requires additional coverage or support, you may make a wonderful candidate for a crown.
Other than offering services relating dental crowns in Boynton Beach, Quantum Dental offers services in other locations including E Gateway Blvd, High Ridge Rd, Gateway Blvd, Taxology, Quantum Lakes Dr. Book your appointment and avail the services now.
New Patient Special
Includes Exam and X-ray (Online Special)
*can not be combined with any other insurance or offer - Limited time offer